Staff Clinician Resources
- Staff Clinician Listerv — Stay connected! Join the Staff Clinician Listserv, STAFFCLIN-L, by linking to http://list.nih.gov/cgi-bin/wa.exe?SUBED1=STAFFCLIN-L&A=1. You will receive important messages from the Staff Clinician Council and other members of the NIH Intramural community. This is a moderated list, and we send only those messages of importance to the wider Staff Clinician community.
- SCC Twitter Account — Follow our Twitter account for regular updates, at https://twitter.com/sccatnih. If you are an NIH Staff Clinician, investigator, or other NIH employee and want to promote a topic about accomplishments of an NIH Staff Clinician (yourself and/or others) from our Twitter account, use the form at https://forms.office.com/g/7ZwPjzC678 (accessible only within NIH network)
Orientation Information for New Hire Staff Clinicians (held in spring and fall each year)
- 1st Staff Clinician Orientation: October 20, 2022
Workshops and Presentations
- Professional Development Workshops:
- NIH Staff Clinician Career Progression: Title Designations (April 7, 2022)
- Pathways to Staff Clinician Hospital & Clinical Research Leadership (November 3, 2021)
- SCC Annual Town Hall
- NIH Staff Clinician Annual Town Hall (May 19, 2022)
- ExCEL: Excellence through Clinical Education Lectureship (ExCEL) is a monthly series of clinically-focused educational lectures led by consult service or clinical specialists designed for clinical staff. Click here for more details. (NIH-only)
Professional Titles and Demographics
- Staff Clinician Level Designations: For everything related to Staff Clinicians and different title destinations (definitions and requirements), please refer to the recently updated Staff Clinician Sourcebook.
- Staff Clinician Survey Infograph: See the 4-page infograph from the 2021 NIH Staff Clinician Professional Development Survey.
- Staff Clinician Council Bylaws: NIH Staff Clinician Council Bylaw, July 19, 2021
- Career Development Plan: This Career Development Plan (CDP) is tailored for Staff Clinicians in the NIH IRP. The CDP document is a suggested resource for Staff Clinicians to map out their short and long term career goals. It is intended to be a fluid document and can be discussed with mentors and revised annually or as benefits the Staff Clinician. Download here!
- Identifying Resources: see "Identifying Resources as a Staff Clinician"
- Leadership Training Resources: see list of training sites and books
- Negotiating Authorship and Successful Collaboration: see "Authorship and Collaboration"
This page was last updated on Thursday, March 23, 2023