Emergency Preparedness and Biodefence Interest Group
The Emergency Preparedness and Biodefence Interest Group promotes scientific exchange on topics related to the public health challenges posed by natural and man-made emergencies, including acts of terrorism. Specific areas will include the following:
* basic science of biologic, chemical and nuclear threats
* pathogenesis of bioterrorism-related diseases public health
* implications of natural and man-made disasters
* surveillance and response systems
* knowledge base required for clinical diagnosis and intervention
The coordinators of this group are Michael Bray and Jeffrey Kopp.
Contact the NIH SIGS Administrator if you encounter problems on this site or have questions. This front page was last updated in May 6, 2009.